Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chapter 2: The Teen and his Oracle ( Franco Diangle)

Franco had a good life. He was the son of the mayor of the fishing village Walla-Weep. Not only was his father the mayor, but he also owned the plaza and the marketplace, making him the richest and most powerful person in the village. But the other people did not hate the family. In fact they were the most loved family in the whole town. Now back to Franco. He was intelligent, strong, generous, kind, etc. But his life was uneventful, until he turned 15 years and 216 days old.

It was a dark and stormy night when a loud knock was sounded on the door. I, being in the entry-hallway at the time, rushed over and opened the door. Standing in front of my was an old man wearing nothing but a loincloth and a ragged cape. He was bent over and carried a large staff with a wonderstone on the top of it. I let him inside, and since supper had just ended, invited him to eat something. He said that he didn't have time and that he must find someone named Franco Diangle. I asked him why and he replied, "I am the Great Oracle of Serah. I am to die in 3 hours and must deliver my final message to Franco Diangle."

I replied, " I am Franco Diangle. What do you need to tell me."
"The message I must give to you is, To Fulfill Your Destiny You Must Find Captain Minni Foreange. To aid you on your journey here is a sword, a dagger, a buckler, a hunting knife, and the handbook of the Former Empire of Vlandstar. "
"What must I do to find this Captain Minni Foreange?" I asked.
"I do not know. All I know is that she has been missing for 5 years and was last seen in the port of G'Bork. Ask about her there. Also I have one final request. Let me die outside."
"Thy will shalt be done," I replied. I then took him outside.
"Wait. I forgot. Take my staff with you. It can shrink to the size of a pencil, can't be lost, and is really powerful once you learn who to use it." Those were his final words. he closed his eyes and died a few hours later. His body was never found.

The next day I left my home with 1483 pezicoes, the clothes on my back, a package full of food, and the items the oracle gave me. Headed south to G'Bork, my adventure beginning.

No comments: