Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chapter 5: The Journey to G'bork

I left my village at 5:45 on the 26 of April (note: Earth Equvilent). I did not know when I would see it again. I just knew that it is 127 leagues (381 miles) to G'bork, or about a 12 day journey. I walked through out the day. I stopped at noon to eat the lunch I had packed the night before and then I continued my journey. I arrived at the hamlet of Yupytz around 16:07. At their only inn rented a room, bought some food for the next day, and plotted my course to the next hamlet of reasonable distance, Fliggity-flooper. It was about ten leagues away so it would be about the same as today. Then I had a dinner of pork and beans and went to bed, remembering to tell the innkeeper to wake me up at 5:30.

A skeleton in a cloak was sitting on a throne of bones. In front of him was a tall man dressed in a white cloak holding a sword.
"Alin, I want you to send messengers to each Sylvanic Country telling them to send their five best assassins to the temple of Sylvanir by noon, on the First of June. Tell them that these assassins must be prepared to capture, but not kill, a dangerous enemy," the skeleton told Alin.
"What if they refuse?" asked Alin.
"Simply tell them that if they refuse their kingdom will be destroyed by this man's army."
"Well then I must go now." Alin turned around and prepared to leave the throne room.
"Wait I forgot. Remind them that they may not bring food inside the temple, since Sylvanir, being the god of Life, will not approve of it," said the skeleton.
"Yes Lord Xi-Xi," Alin replied. He then left the room.

I woke up with the innkeepers teenage daughter shaking me. Where had she come from I thought. Then I realized she must be my wake up alarm. I got up and went down stairs to eat breakfast. By 6:00 I had left Yupytz. I wondered what that dream was about. I guessed that my quest must be to warn this dangerous enemy that h or she was going to be assassinated. I reached Fliggity-flopper by 14:30. My days were all like this until I got to the major village of Kaben at 15:48 on May 1. There i saw an ad explaining the Magus X-11. It said that there was a day and a half from Kaben to G'bork leaving at 7:00 on May 2. That was the next day. So I bought a ticket and at 7:00 I was flying over to G'bork. I rode 50 leagues the first day stopping at 17:00 (5/lph) and 17 leagues the next day arriving in G'bork at 10:24 of May 3. It was good finishing my journey so quickly. Sure the Magus was crowded and I had never been to a city larger than Kaben, which was larger the Walla-Weep, but now all I had to do was find Captain Minni Foreange.

1 comment:

Titan-Slayer said...

Contact Aceofspades or at least scan the map.